Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from the University of Virginia's College at Wise
- CSC 2300 - Software Engineering:
- Led a team in developing a simulated lunar lander control software using QT and C++
- CSC 3260 - Introduction to HCI:
- Led a team in development and documentation of a prototype Android application that allowed the user to contact non-emergency services in two clicks.
- SWE 2130 - Software Construction Technology:
- Wrote a python script that computes the length of a supplied file in lines. The source code can be found on github.
- CSC 4110 - Advanced Database Systems:
- Wrote a set of PHP scripts with a partner that queried a database, and then returned it formatted as an HTML document.
- CSC xxxx - Operating Systems
- Wrote a shell in C, named Pikushell. The code is avaliable on github
- CSC xxxx - Computer Architecture
- Implemented numerous things in p86 Assembly, including bubble sort.
- CSC xxxx - Computer Graphics
- Wrote several 3D demos. These include a planet and moon, and several houses.
- Systems Engineer
- June 2012 - April 2015
- Helped plan and implement a website re-organization project.
- Created and maintained internal testing web servers.
- Created a technical demonstration using HTML, CSS, and JQuery to show new proposed website features.
- Programmed scripts to migrate from HP Trim to Microsoft SharePoint.
- Designed and implemented Document Processing Solutions.
- Provided technical support for Kofax products to customers.
- Provided technical services to install networks, computers, document imaging solutions, and much more.
Sliqua Enterprise Hosting
- May 2011- August 2011
- Developed a PHP script that would check accounts for bandwidth overages, and add an bandwidth overage fee to account's invoice.
- Documentation Specialist
- May - August 2010
- Extended and maintained the Technical Architecture Office SharePoint Site; added task tracking functionality and reorganized the site for easier navigation.
- Helped create and document new business processes
- created a better practices document and several Quick Reference Guides to supplement and explain the processes.
- Created meeting minutes for meetings involving the Technical Architecture Team.
- December 2009 - January 2010
- Worked with Army Human Resource Command (AHRC) Technical Architecture office - Helped create SV-2 diagrams to assist with the AHRC DOD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP).
- May - August 2009
- Documented the AHRC information Systems by helping create a SV-1 diagram with the AHRC technical Architecture Office. Researched available collaboration environments for use in the office.
- October - October 2008
- Used VMware Converter to convert three physical machines running Microsoft Server 2003 to virtual machines in three days, documenting the process along the way.
- Software and Graphics Technician
- June - August 2008
- Used Macromedia Flash to update a Web-Based Training(WBT) for the AHRC under the direction of John Marsh. The project was completed on-time and under budget, with great customer satisfaction.
- Windows XP
- Windows Seven
- Ubuntu 12.10
- CentOS 6
- Microsoft Office 2010
- LibreOffice 3.4.2
- Visual Studio 2010
- Gedit with GCC
- Notepad++ and Chrome/Firefox
- C and C++
- PHP and SQL
Publications and Presentations
- Matthew Beach; (2009) ACM-Wise Lecture Series: "Securing Your Computer"
- Jonathan Moore, Matthew Beach; (2010) ACM-Wise Lecture Series: "Software Licensing"
- Matthew Beach, Ralph Hass, Jeremy Smith;(2010) Technical Communication Presentation: "Comparison of Console Development Environments"
- Matthew Beach; (2011) ACM-Wise Lecture Series: "Free Software; A Lesson in Collegiate Frugal-ness"
- Matthew Beach; (2011) Computer Graphics Lecture: "Rasters and Rasterization"
- Matthew Beach; (2011) Computer Graphics Lecture: "Lighting"
- Matthew Beach; (2011) Computer Graphics Lecture: "OGRE"
Achievements and Certifications
- CompTIA Security+ Certified.
- AIIM CaptureP Certified.
- Kofax Capture 10 and Kofax Transformation Modules Certified.
- President of the ACM @ UVa-Wise from September 2009 - September 2010.
- President of the ACM @ UVa-Wise from September 2011 - September 2012.
- Member of the National Eagle Scout Association.
- Brotherhood Member of the Order of the Arrow.
- Second Place winner in the Second Annual Roomba Wrestling competition.
- 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year.